Razz Poker Rules
Razz Poker is a form of stud poker that is normally played for ace-to-five low.
- The object of Razz poker is to make the lowest possible hand from the seven cards you are dealt.
- In Razz poker, straights and flushes do not count against you for low, and the ace always plays low. The best possible Razz hand is 5-4-3-2-A, or 5 high, also known as “the wheel” or “the bicycle”.
- Play in Razz poker is very similar to regular seven-card stud. Each player antes and is dealt two cards face down (the hole cards), and one card face up. This card is known as the “door card”.
- The highest door card showing has to “bring it in,” put in the mandatory first bet, which is usually one third to half of the regular bet.
- In a case where two people have a door card of the same rank, the bring in is determined by suit. Spades is the highest suit, followed by hearts, diamonds, clubs.
- Play continues clockwise from the bring-in, as in normal Stud poker.
- After the first round of betting, each player still in the hand receives another card face up.
- Betting begins with the lowest hand showing.
- Play continues like this until the fifth card, at which point the betting increments double.
- The seventh card is dealt face down, and action would begin with the same player who opened on the 6th card. Lowest ranking hand wins the pot.